Nicholas S. Lindner Attorney at Law.

I am a New Orleans attorney fighting hard to protect my clients' rights, property, and liberty
through experience, skill, and knowledge of the Louisiana judicial system.

Practice Areas

Felony Criminal Defense - DWI - Traffic - Municipal / Misdemeanor - Lawsuits - Personal Injury
  • Felony Criminal Defense

    If you have been arrested or charged with a felony or serious crime: Don't speak to the police; don't speak to the district attorney; speak to a criminal defense attorney today. A felony prosecution can jeopardize your career, your family life, and most importantly, your freedom. I have nearly a decade of experience defending serious felony cases all over Louisiana. Let's begin fighting your case now.

  • DWI / DUI

    A DWI arrest can end in steep fines, having your driver's license suspended for years, and significant jail time. The DWI laws in Louisiana are tough, and the politicians in Baton Rouge increase the penalties every year. It is urgent that you hire an attorney immediately, or you may forfeit rights and lose your license automatically. You need a skilled lawyer to handle your case.

  • Traffic

    The consequences of traffic tickets range from heavy fines and court costs to more serious outcomes such as cancellation or suspension of your driver's license, significant insurance penalties, and even jail. I have handled hundreds of traffic matters in New Orleans, Jefferson, St. John, and other parishes. Call me whether you've received a speeding ticket or have many outstanding years-old traffic cases.

  • Municipal / Misdemeanor

    I handle all types of misdemeanor cases in New Orleans Municipal Court and other parishes, such as those in First Parish Court and Second Parish Court in Jefferson. These cases range from public intoxication charges on Bourbon Street to more serious domestic violence and domestic abuse battery cases which can carry mandatory jail time.

  • Lawsuits

    If you or your business has been sued, it is imperitive that you talk to an attorney as soon as possible. I have handled civil litigation throughout Louisiana and federal cases in the Eastern District of Louisiana.

  • Personal Injury

    If you have been injured in an automobile or other accident that was not your fault, you should call me immediately. I will work to ensure you receive proper medical treatment and compensation for your injuries, lost work wages, pain and suffering, and property damage. You are under no obligation to speak to the other party's insurance company. Contact me today to get started on your claim.


Frequently Asked Questions

Answers to legal questions I am commonly asked

Criminal Defense / DWI / Traffic

Someone I know has just been arrested, what should I do?

If a friend or family member has just been arrested, they will be transported to Central Lockup in New Orleans or the parish prison in other parishes. The booking process will take several hours, usually between six and twelve in New Orleans. Your first call should be to an attorney, not a bail bondsman. The arrestee cannot be released, under any circumstances, before the booking process is completed. If the arrest is for a minor offense, an attorney may be able to convince a judge to have the arrestee released on his or her own recognizance, which means no bond will be required. If this is not possible, bond will be set at the initial court appearance, within one to three days. Do not speak to the arrestee about his or her case or arrest over the phone, as all jail calls are recorded and will be used against that person in court. After an arrest, call me at (504) 579-2601 to discuss getting a bond set and the next steps.

I live out of state and was arrested or summoned. Can I go home?

If you are released from jail before your first court date or are issued a summons, you must make an appearance at court. However, depending on the case, your attorney may be able to waive your appearance and secure the proper permission for you to leave the jurisdiction and travel home. I have handled hundreds of cases involving spring breakers, tourists, convention goers, and other visitors to the New Orleans area. Many of these cases involve public intoxication, disturbing the peace, fighting, or other prosecutions from events occuring on or near Bourbon Street in our sometimes rowdy French Quarter. Often, I can resolve these cases without the defendant ever having to be physically present in court. There are specific procedures that need to be followed, however, so it is important you call me as soon as possible at (504) 579-2601 so I can start work on your case.

What should I do if there is a warrant out for my arrest?

If you have a warrant, alias capias, or attachment issued because you missed court or failed to pay a traffic ticket, I can work to resolve the matter and fight to keep you from jail or being punished for contempt of court. If you have a warrant for your arrest for a case which you have never appeared for in court, the only way to resolve the warrant is to turn yourself in to the police department or sheriff's office. While you will have to sit in jail through the booking process, I can help make the satisfaction of the warrant as painless as possible. Often, we can have a bond set with the court prior to or during your booking, which can ensure the quickest possible release and least time spent in jail.

How can a lawyer help me with a traffic ticket?

If you have received a traffic ticket from a police officer, I can work to save you time and money. If you pay a speeding ticket or other moving violation without contesting it, your insurance rates may automatically increase. Contesting a ticket by yourself can involve several court appearances and hours of your time spent in court. Whether you received your first speeding ticket or have numerous old cases and a suspended license, it pays to hire an attorney.

Do you offer payment plans?

My office offers numerous payment options to fit your income and needs. I offer flat fees for traffic, DWI, and criminal defense cases, so you will know up front how much the representation will cost you. We accept cash and all major credit cards and offer flexible payment arrangements to fit your needs and income schedule.

Can you help me expunge my arrest record?

It is important you call my office if you are interested in receiving an expungement. New changes to the expungement law in 2014 made the procedure more complicated, expensive, and time consuming. However, the new law does allow some people to receive expungements who were never before eligible. Before you call, gather as much paperwork and information about your arrest and case as you can, so I can properly evaluate whether you are eligible for an expungement under Louisiana law.

Personal Injury / Car Accidents / Lawsuits

What should I do after an accident?

If you are in a car accident, immediately inform the police and request emergency services if you are seriously injured. It is important you obtain the name, address, and insurance information of the other driver. Obtain an item number from the police officer. It is not required that you make a statement to the police officer or the other party. Take pictures if possible and get names and contact information from any witnesses. If you are injured in a slip and fall or other accident in a business, make sure to inform the business management and have them complete an incident report. Request medical attention as needed. Contact an attorney as soon as possible.

Do I have to wait for police after a car accident?

It is the best practice to wait for the police to come and make a report after a car accident. Without a police report, it may be more difficult for you to recover, and the other party may deny the accident happened or the way it occurred. In New Orleans, unfortunately, police can take several hours to arrive. If the other party will not stay on the scene, make sure to get the information from their driver's license and insurance card. If the other party refuses to exchange information and leaves the scene, inform the police of the hit and run. Write down names, addresses, and phone numbers of any witnesses.

What if I don't have health insurance and can't afford treatment?

Our firm will work with you to make sure you receive the care you need. We utilize a network of healthcare providers to ensure you get proper and expert treatment. We will defer the cost to you until the case is completed. If you've been in an accident that was someone else's fault, don't let your lack of health coverage deter you from pursuing the claim.

Should I accept a settlement offer from the insurance company?

Not before having an attorney evaluate your case and the offer. Insurance companies will often try to get out of claims quickly and cheaply, before the victim speaks to an attorney. Your claim may be worth thousands, or even tens of thousands, of dollars more than the insurance company has offered. If an insurer offers you a settlement on an insurance claim, discuss the matter with me first. Call (504) 579-2601.

I received a ticket in the accident. Do I still have a case?

Sometimes you know you weren't at fault in an accident, but the officer still writes you a traffic ticket. Don't worry; a court of law, not a police officer, will ultimately decide your case. Police officers make mistakes, and they usually aren't first-hand witnesses to the collision. Call me today to discuss your case.

The other driver had no insurance, can I recover?

Recovering for your injuries and property damages when the other party had no insurance can be difficult. Often, it depends on whether you carry what is called uninsured motorist's (UM) coverage on your own insurance policy. Many people have this coverage and don't know about it. Contact me today to discuss the next steps.

Parishes Served

Our firm handles cases across Louisiana


Our firm handles DWI matters across Louisiana. We handle general traffic matters within a sixty mile radius of New Orleans, serving the parishes of Orleans, Jefferson, St. Tammany, St. Bernard, St. John the Baptist, and St. Charles.

Criminal Defense

We handle criminal defense cases throughout Louisiana. Attorney Nicholas Lindner has practiced in more than two dozen parishes, including East Baton Rouge, Terrebonne, Lafourche, Tangipahoa, Washington, Livingston, and others.

Personal Injury

Our firm handles personal injury cases all over the state. We work with a network of doctors and health care providers across Louisiana to ensure our clients receive proper treatment in a convenient location. Contact us today.


Nicholas Lindner has been licensed and practicing in Louisiana since 2008.

Licensed Attorney | Since 2008

All Louisiana Courts and the federal Eastern District of La.

Tulane University | Juris Doctor

Graduated May, 2008 with a certificate in civil law

Florida State University | B.A.

Graduated May, 2004 Magna Cum Laude

New Orleans | Citizen and Resident

Proudly serving the Crescent City and the surrounding areas

Contact us

Speak to an Attorney Today -- Call (504) 579-2601

Nicholas Lindner

Nicholas S. Lindner is a Louisiana attorney specializing in criminal defense, traffic/DWI, and personal injury.

We offer a free consultation in any of the above matters. Complete the form to the right or call us, and you can speak to an attorney today.

Contact Us.

Keep in Touch.

  • 631 Saint Charles Ave.
    New Orleans, Louisiana 70130
  • Te: 504-579-2601
  • Fax: 504-267-2062
  • nick@lawnola.com